Monday, May 10, 2010

Forgiveness

I worked in earnest to get a great deal accomplished. The topic of forgiveness came up and it seemed important to discuss. As I worked on my projects to regain my life, I thought it necessary to reflect on where I had been and where I am now. Forgiveness is the ability to let go of resentments and continue a new life of acceptance. Over the course of the past year I have discovered that I wronged some important people. Being self-centered I used defenses such as rationalization and isolation to cope with my existing problems.
However, monumental they seemed at the time, through persistence and some help from my support system, I was able to begin the process of having my life rid of these negative behaviors in a new . What a relief they were out of my head. It almost felt as though a huge weight was off my shoulders. I grew from my self-centered ways into showing more humility. I no longer harbored the feelings of guilt, shame, or embarrasment. Now I had a greater appreciation for those, who despite adversity, succeeded to construct a nice long lasting life. This means a comfortable existence for themselves.
It is a slow process to mend old scars, but not impossible. Confidence now demonstrated its willingness to face the fears and tribulations and never give up attitude. Spirituality now became a part of my life and satisfaction of a more humble existence.
During recent events I exhibited the attitudes of: dishonesty, deceitfulness and self-centeredness. This is where forgiveness comes to play. I truly and genuinely ask for forgivenss as I forgave others for their wayward trespasses. I now release the old character flaws of rationalization, justification, embarassment, isolation, impulsive and loss of control. It is over a year of sobriety for me and now I long to have the existence I had and lost. I will not stop to regain it, for I know now that I am doing all this myself for self. However, it is beneficial for everyone. I humbly ask God for help to remove all my defects in character and reach out to anyone close to hopefully touch their lives with positiveness and improvement.
The concept of forgiveness is to release all past convictions and be a well-rounded altruistic individual.

No comments: