Monday, April 26, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane Changing Gears

One of my old favorite bands the Eagles sang a song called "Life in the Fast Lane". Through time one realizes it is better to pace yourself this way you don't get burned out. I live my life gathering as much wisdom as I can process. At times it seems like suggestions are omnipresent. And if you really think about it they are, but you have to know which to choose and then only look back briefly. Confindence is important for everyone, so is assertiveness. That squeeky wheel gets the grease much more often as long as you exercise humility.
Today was a blah day. Rainy all throughout the day and I spent the majority in the house reading, writing and just thanking the Lord for just one more. Gratitude and Acceptance goes a long way, but necessarily in that order. I am grateful for life itself and thankful for a family who strives daily to be more. Setting goals is my next endeavor. MY short term are legal means of transportation, developmenting an income source, marching to the beat of the drummer this time, and being insync with my aspiration. Mens sana in corpore sano is my life pursuit and now at forty it is much more challenging. But that's what makes it fun. For now the short term are enough. Last but not least is health. I am getting in shape and keeping it off this time. It would be great to be ripped again; however, let's just say I'm not holding my breath. Prayer works. No but really the day is a struggle, but one that can be overcome.

No comments: