Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reading List Classics

I am about to embark on a serious reading list of the classics and I thought I would share with you the list just in case you see something you like. Here it is:

1) The Count of Monte Cristo Alexandre Dumas

2) Sybil Benjamin Disraeli

3) The Scarlet Letter Nathaniel Hawthorne

4) 1984 George Orwell

5) Moby-Dick Hermin Melville

6) Frankenstein Mary Shelley

7) A Separate Peace John Knowles

8) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Robert Louis Stevenson

9) The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde

10) Huckleberry Finn Mark Twain

11) The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald

12) USA John Dos Passos

13) Catcher and the Rye JD Salinger

14) To Kill a Mockingbird Harper Lee

15) The Bluest Eye Toni Morrison

16) Wuthering Heights Emily Bronte

17) RiP Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow Washington Irving


There are just some of the classics that I will share some insight. My personal favorite is a Man for All Seasons, but I will have to look it up. It is a book about a man on trial for his life and he must act as his own lawyer before those that judge him. Currently, I am reading A Separate Peace with Phineas and Gene Forrester about two youth struggling with a potential draft into World War II. I will definitely keep you posted. So far it is good.

As for the day I am getting a lot accomplished mainly compiling my list of reading and writing some prose. I read a little of Freud today and about the Collective Consciousness. I discovered that Jung carried his thoughts on this subject further in a few works by Carl Jung. I am going to investigate it further. It is basically about how our soul contains information and I believe it may be encrypted in our DNA but that is coming from a layperson's perspective.

Francis Collins and the Language of God talks about Spirituality and the DNA proof as he goes from Atheism to Faith in Christianity. Very good account for anyone who is questioning God and is looking for a further explanation of his remarkable existence. I am still reading the latest version. But I am reluctant to discussion Religion with you just the fact that I am a believer.

No comments: